Thread: python

Default python

Anyone got any opinions of python that i can trust?<BR><BR>Thinking about learning it as a gateway to the curly bracket languages.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Jonny Tooze

Default RE: python

I have liked using Python in my limited experience with it. One of the cool things that I remember about it is tuples.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t know if I&#039;m misreading your statement regarding learning Python as a gateway to the curly bracket languages, but Python doesn&#039;t use brackets. (Which you maybe already knew.) Its syntax for an IF statement is like so:<BR><BR>if x &#060; 10:<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;print &#039;Hello!&#039;<BR><BR>From what I remember, indentation is very important in Python. In the above IF statement, Python breaks out of the IF block when it encounters a line that is not indented.<BR><BR>My philosophy has always been to learn as much as you can, so I would definitely recommend learning at least the basics of Python. However, if I had to choose between Python or PHP, I would definitely choose PHP.<BR><BR>(Interesting Q/A for an ASP forum, eh?)