Newcomer needs help..

Thread: Newcomer needs help..

Default Newcomer needs help..

Hello<BR><BR>I am attempting to display the contents of a table containing hyperlinks and a description of the stored in an MS Access 97 table. The links are of type hyperlink and the description is text. The ASP i have written displays the link as text as follows:<BR><BR>#<BR>Channel 4 learning site, including details of schools programs and publications.<BR><BR>can anyone tell me how to get rid of the hashs and display the entry as a hyperlink. the code i am using is as follows:<BR><BR>If show = "No" then<BR> If rs("Linktype") = lnktype then<BR> Response.Write rs("linkloctn") & "<BR>" <BR>{{this is the line in question above}}<BR> Response.Write rs("linkdesc") & "<BR>"<BR> Response.Write "&#060;P&#062;&#060;HR&#062;&#060;P&#062;"<BR> End If<BR><BR>I initially thought that as the linkis of type hyperlink it would be displayed as such. However, after thinking about it again i realised it is interpreted by the browser simply as HTML.<BR>thanks for any help.

Default What if you make the..

.. field type to be "Text".<BR><BR>And then change your code to:<BR>If rs("Linktype") = lnktype then<BR> Response.Write "&#060;a href=&#039;" & rs("linkloctn") & "&#039;&#062;" & rs("linkloctn") & "&#060;/a&#062;&#060;br /&#062;" <BR> Response.Write rs("linkdesc") & "&#060;br /&#062;"<BR> Response.Write "&#060;P&#062;&#060;HR&#062;&#060;P&#062;"<BR> End If<BR><BR>-Doug