I just recently switched from a DSN connection to a SQLOLEDB connection to my SQL 7 server from ASP.<BR><BR>We immediately started having a problem with one specific .AddNew Method while requesting a .Value return on the Identity. The return value is now zero instead of the correct record inserted.<BR><BR>Interestingly, I have an almost identical process in another ASP program that works fine. The program flow is somewhat different, but the connection is the same:<BR><BR>Set OBJdbConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>OBJdbCo nnection.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=; Initial Catalog=Mydb; User ID=MyID; Password=MyPW"<BR><BR>Set rsAddHeader = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsAddHea der.ActiveConnection = OBJdbConnection<BR>rsAddHeader.CursorLocation = 3 &#039;adUseClient<BR>rsAddHeader.CursorType = 1 &#039;adOpenKeyset<BR>rsAddHeader.LockType = 3 &#039;adLockOptimistic<BR>rsAddHeader.Source = "ItemHeader"<BR>rsAddHeader.Open<BR><BR>rsAddHeade r.AddNew<BR>rsAddHeader("ItemType") = ItemType<BR>rsAddHeader("ItemDate") = Now()<BR>rsAddHeader("StatusCode") = "R"<BR>rsAddHeader("StatusDate") = Now()<BR>rsAddHeader("ItemType") = 1<BR>rsAddHeader.Update<BR> <BR>Session("ItemNumber") = rsAddHeader.Fields("ItemNumber").Value<BR> <BR>Response.Write "ItemNumber: " & Session("ItemNumber")<BR><BR>Anybody have any idea what might be causing this bizarre problem???<BR>