DSN, DSN-LESS, OLEDB and cheapskates

Thread: DSN, DSN-LESS, OLEDB and cheapskates

Daniel Root Guest

Default DSN, DSN-LESS, OLEDB and cheapskates

I read the articles on using DSN-Less connections and direct connections. How do Web Hosting providers handle DSN-Less connections? Most charge per DSN, so could I get around that by using one of the alternate Database connection methods, or is that wishful thinking?<BR><BR>

Default RE: DSN, DSN-LESS, OLEDB and cheapskates

Yeah, you can usually get around the charges by using DSN-less connections. Upload your Access database to your webserver (the .mdb file) and then create a DSN-less connection to that Access database. That way you don&#039t have to pay a dime to have your web host set up a System DSN! :)

Default RE: DSN, DSN-LESS, OLEDB and cheapskates

Can you do this with SQL database, whats the code for a dsn-less connection?

Prakash.S Guest

Default OLEDB -error

This is the DSNless code I tried to open a database named "Penta4.mdb".<BR><BR>The error I got was:<BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e78&#039 <BR><BR>Invalid operation on closed object. <BR><BR>/try.asp, line 4 <BR><BR>&#060;h3>Now database records&#060;/h3><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51; Data Source=penta4.mdb;Initial Catalog=penta4.mdb;" <BR>Set rs = objConn.execute("select * from emp")<BR>while not rs.eof<BR> Response.write("<BR>" & rs("name"))<BR> rs.movenext<BR>wend<BR>rs.close<BR>objConn.close<B R>&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>Can somoebody help me....