Getting records based on week

Thread: Getting records based on week

Default Getting records based on week

I&#039;m trying to get records from a SQL Server database based on the current week. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?<BR><BR>SQL1 = "SELECT * FROM tblGoals WHERE " & DatePart("ww", DueDate) & " = " & DatePart("ww", date, 1, 1) & ""<BR><BR>Tha name of the column in the table is called DueDate. I&#039;m not getting an error message, I&#039;m just not getting any data back. <BR><BR>P.S. There is data in there for the current week.

Default RE: Getting records based on week

You are doing *BOTH* DatePart calculations in VBScript!<BR><BR>Assuming that you don&#039;t have a DueDate variable in VBS, that is getting you the week of 30 December 1899! (Presumably either 52 or 53.)<BR><BR>You really don&#039;t want to do *ANY* of this in VBScript!<BR><BR>SQL1 = "SELECT * FROM tblGoals WHERE DatePart(ww, DueDate) = DatePart(ww, getDate() )"<BR><BR>Look here:<BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_da-db_2mic.asp<BR><BR>

Default So how would this be done in Access?

Im trying to do something similar.

Default The same, except...

...you use DATE() instead of GETDATE().<BR><BR>Oops...not true! With Access, you have to put &#039;ww&#039; instead of just ww.<BR><BR>Okay, let&#039;s write it out:<BR><BR>SQL1 = "SELECT * FROM tblGoals WHERE DatePart(&#039;ww&#039;, DueDate) = DatePart(&#039;ww&#039;, Date() )"

Default RE: The same, except...

Thanks Bill!