HELP: global.asa causes error

Thread: HELP: global.asa causes error

Default HELP: global.asa causes error

Good afternoon All,<BR><BR>Here is the structure of our Web site:<BR><BR>Physical: E:web
    oot (under IIS, Local Path: E:web
    oot)<BR>My App: E:web
    ootmyapp<BR><BR>All pages are in E:web
    ootmyapp include the main page is appmain.htm<BR><BR>In E:web
    oot I have a page default.asp and here is the code:<BR><BR>&#060;%Response.Buffer = true<BR> NextURL="/myapp/appmain.htm"<BR> Response.Clear<BR> Response.Redirect(NextURL)<BR> Response.End<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>So if users just type (just make it up) we will<BR>re-direct them to<BR><BR><BR>Everything works. We don&#039;t use global.asa before so we have no global.asa file in E:web
    oot.<BR><BR>Now, we want to use global.asa to store a DB Connection, so I create file<BR>global.asa in E:web
    oot. Content in global.asa file is: (no line break in real file)<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server&#062;<BR>Sub Application_OnStart<BR>Application("app_Connection String")="Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=MYDBS15;Database=myapp;UID=xxxxxxxx;PASSWOR D=xxxxxxxx;"<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>Then now we got an error if users type as above, the error is:<BR><BR>error &#039;ASP 0115&#039;<BR>Unexpected error<BR>/default.asp<BR>A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue<BR>running<BR><BR>If users type directly as:<BR>then no error (because it bypass the default.asp)<BR><BR>BUT, sometimes, someone got the error when accessing another page, not all users, but about 40%.<BR><BR>I took the global.asa out then everything works again (both cases).<BR><BR>Please help me and show me what wrong with this?<BR><BR>TIA<BR>mdinh

Default Have you tried moving the asa file... the myapp directory??? And making myapp a proper virtual directory?<BR><BR>