FileSystemObject Error...FAQ's not helping...

Thread: FileSystemObject Error...FAQ's not helping...

Default FileSystemObject Error...FAQ's not helping...

I am trying to get the files from a particular directory...I am using a virtual directory to try to access...<BR><BR>DocShelbyListDestLS = "DocumentsShelbyTest\"<BR>DocShelbyListSourceL S = "DocumentsShelbyImported\"<BR><BR>Set fsDocShelbyParent = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR><BR>Set fsDocShelbyFolder = fsDocShelbyParent.GetFolder(DocShelbyListSourceLS) <BR><BR>I get Server.CreateObject failed on the above line...I can&#039;t seem to get understanding from FAQ&#039;s...I know this is easy...<BR><BR>KLC

Default Server.MapPath

You said it yourself: You are using a *virtual* directory.<BR><BR>FSO *only* works with actual file/path names.<BR><BR>So:<BR><BR>Set fsDocShelbyFolder = fsDocShelbyParent.GetFolder( Server.MapPath(DocShelbyListSourceLS) )<BR><BR>

Default I'm Retarded...

Thanks Bill...<BR><BR>Could I also map a drive on the server and use the actual path...<BR><BR>KLC

Default Never tried it...

...but reports say it should work.<BR><BR>But don&#039;t forget about permissions.<BR><BR>

Default Server.MapPath Better ???

Which is the best way to go...I would think Server.MapPath...

Default The point of MapPath...

...is that you can move the actual directory anywhere you want/need (e.g., maybe your C: drive is running out of space?), set the virtual directory to point to the new location, do the Server.MapPath, and it continues to work without needing to change your ASP code.<BR><BR>If you *know* you will *NEVER* move a directory (ha! liar!), then go ahead and use a physical path.<BR><BR>

Default uDaMan...I knew that...Just brain dead...

You are the man Bill...I knew that...I just am brain dead on this Monday...<BR><BR>Thanks again...<BR><BR>KLC