secure connection string

Thread: secure connection string

Default secure connection string

i am working on an asp application with an access database. i dont want anyone to be able to guess the url of the database and download it, so i placed the database in a folder that is above the root folder of my site, and therfore unable to be accessed by web browsers. my problem is that now that i moved the mdb file, i am getting the following error message:<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;databasepathomitted4security.mdb&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>/default.asp, line 13 <BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------<BR>i am guessing that the problem is that my connection string now needs to be evolved to include the username and password that i use for ftp login. is this correct? if so, how specifically would i alter the current connection string below so that it works? if not, what else should i do instead? my current connection string is:<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Dataconn = "databasepathomitted4security.mdb"<BR>ConStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source= "& Dataconn<BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.op en(ConStr)

Default RE: secure connection string

Can you post the path you&#039;re using, presumably it&#039;s not specified as a virtual path?