problem with decimal column

Thread: problem with decimal column

Molly Liu Guest

Default problem with decimal column

Hi,<BR><BR>I got problem when try to read a decimal column from RecordSet: <BR><BR>Response object error &#039ASP 0101 : 80070057&#039 <BR>Unexpected error <BR>/wb_or1/login.asp, line 124 <BR>The function returned &#124. <BR><BR>The code on line 124 is:<BR><BR>Response.write MyRecordSet("balance")<BR><BR>The database is Informix.<BR><BR>It has no problem when column type is integer, but I can not use integer for balance.<BR><BR>Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance.

Default RE: problem with decimal column

Have you tried explicitly converting the value? For example, try:<BR><BR>Response.write CStr(MyRecordSet("balance")) <BR>or <BR>Response.write CDbl(MyRecordSet("balance"))<BR><BR>This may help depending on what you are trying to do.<BR>

Molly Liu Guest

Default RE: problem with decimal column

Thanks Chris.<BR><BR>I tried CStr(MyRecordSet("balance")) and CDbl(MyRecordSet("balance")) and got the error below:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0005&#039 <BR>Invalid procedure call or argument: &#039CDbl&#039 <BR><BR>The interesting thing is that everything is ok when the last integer digit of balance value is none zero. For example, it is ok with balance value 472.00, 57.20, 501.00, but error with 500.00, 10.00, ext.