STILL Unspecified error - 80004005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: STILL Unspecified error - 80004005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FX ( Guest

Default STILL Unspecified error - 80004005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!<BR>Mm getting a little bit frustrated here.<BR>I have this problem with these asp pages, opening databaseconnections with an mdb file.<BR>Like a lot of other Guys here, i get the following error:<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR><BR>/, line 16 <BR><BR><BR>line 16 contains the code:<BR><BR>[ db.Open "myDb" ]<BR><BR>I have created a system DSN called myDb,<BR>i have defined and created an ADODB connection,<BR>i have closed it, set it to Nothing,<BR>it doesn&#039t help<BR><BR>Every Second time, or everytime i refresh i get this annoying error!!! WHO knows the solution to this?? <BR>I have seen only ONE reply to anyone having the same problem, and that solution did&#039nt work as they presumed, MSAccess was still open, editing the specific database.<BR><BR>!!! PLEASE HELP ME AND THE OTHER GUYS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM !!!!<BR><BR>mail me some kind of solution at<BR><BR>THANK YOU!!<BR><BR><BR>used serversys: Win95, Win98, Win2000, WinNT, with PWS and or IIS<BR>asp-version: 2.0 and 3.0 (win2000)

Trung Dang Guest

Default RE: STILL Unspecified error - 80004005 !!!!!!!!!!

Mike,<BR><BR>You will need to specify your data source as "DSN=myDb" instead of just plain "myDb".<BR><BR>Your statement should read [db.Open "DSN=myDb"]<BR><BR>Hope that helps.<BR><BR>Trung

fx ( Guest

Thanks for your reply<BR>but this is not the problem, nor the solution.<BR>I indeed have the object defined as "DSN=myDb"<BR>but it didn&#039t write it like that in my post..

set connect = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR> "driver={microsoft odbc for oracle}; server= your server; uid=your user name; pwd=password"<BR>------------------------------------------------------------<BR>this one is a dsn-less connection for oracle, manipulate this to work with access by changing the server name and your user name and password. Try doing a DSNless connection, I find it a better way to connect to the db.<BR>Good Luck

Tinkel Guest

YES.<BR><BR>this works for me. Thank you.