inserting separate fields

Thread: inserting separate fields

Default inserting separate fields

Thanks Bill,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve gotten a little further with the same-named checkbox problem<BR>There&#039;s a page of checkboxes for users to check their skills. I want to create each &#039;entry&#039; separately.<BR><BR>For example: James selects HTML, Javascript, CSS as his skills. <BR>In the database, I want to enter this information 3 times: <BR>James - HTML<BR>James - Javascript<BR>James - CSS<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>myname = Request.Form("firstname")<BR>myskill = Request.Form("skill")<BR><BR>FOR EACH item IN Request.Form("skill")<BR> Response.Write myname & " " & myskill<BR>NEXT<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>As the code stands right now, it writes a comma delimited string. How do I reference each element in the &#039;myskill&#039; string?

Default RE: inserting separate fields

you will have to *split* the comma delimited value into an array and use the individual values of the array<BR><BR>guess what, vb function *SPLIT* is meant to do that<BR><BR>try this <BR><BR><BR>and remember to split the comma delimited list with a comma and a space, like this<BR>theArray = SPLIT(myString, ", ") &#039;notice the space after the comma<BR>