On 10/1/99 Carl Revell wrote:<BR>I have used the MSExcel ODBC driver with ADO to connect to our canteen menu (a .xls file) and convert it to HTML (via ASP) and display it on our Intranet - works like a charm.<BR><BR>A user asked if I could put another spreadsheet on the Intranet for them. "No problem" I said, figuring I could re-use the code.<BR><BR>Well, I did (with obvious changes) but now, randomly I get the following error.<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR>-------------------------------------<BR>There were no responses to Carl&#039s question. Same error is happening to me. In connecting to Excel spreadsheet, i&#039m getting following error msg:<BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>Unspecified error <BR>/web/FinWeb/TestExcelSelects.asp, line 18 <BR>--------------------------------<BR>Line causing error is as follows:<BR>objConn.Open "DBQ=" & DB & ";Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)}"<BR>This also seems to clear itself if sufficient time goes by - perhaps 2-3 minutes between page refreshes.<BR>Anyone solve this (Carl - you out there???)<BR>