ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e7a' - works

Thread: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e7a' - works

Default ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e7a' - works

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve been developing some asp pages locally and everything works as it should. However, when I&#039;ve uploaded the pages to the server I get this error - ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0e7a&#039;. <BR><BR>I emailed my server admin and he said he set up a DSN called "dbdata". However, I&#039;m not using a DSN connection (which is ok for this server) but shouldn&#039;t the scripts work online as long as the System Access driver for the specific database has been setup?<BR><BR>My code and the specific error is as follows:<BR><BR>********************************** **************************************<BR>Dim objRS<BR> set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR> Dim strConn, strRecordName<BR> strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=C:Inetpubwwwrootmy_folderdstoresmy_database .mdb;" & _<BR> "Persist Security Info=False"<BR> <BR> objRS.Open "table1", strConn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR>************************************ ************************************** <BR> Here is the Specific Error:<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0e7a&#039; <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/my_folder/admin/insert_2db.asp, line 25<BR>******************************************** ******************************<BR> <BR>Any advice, suggestions, help would be very much appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks for your time.<BR>

Default a stab in the dark

I am going to guess that the path is incorrect. lookup the wonderful uses of Server.Mappath in the FAQ&#039;s<BR><BR>C:Inetpubwwwrootmy_folderdstores my_database.mdb means this MUST be the physical location of the mdb on the server