Thread: debugging

Default debugging

when I use IIS, and try to run an asp page and if there is an error it will display as below<BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed <BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>--<BR>-<BR>-<BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)<BR>Object required: &#039;&#039;<BR>/test/1.asp, line 110<BR>_____<BR><BR>If I put a response.write(something) above line 110 it will not display it. but when I upload the page to my website thru ftp and try, the response.write is displaying and the error is displaying after that. So this gives me some idea , till where it is executing without errors.<BR><BR>Now my question is can I get the same facility thru IIS?? thats at least it should display the imagess texts, till there is no error

Default There's a setting in newest IIS...

...that tells it whether to return *only* an error page on *any* error or to output as much as it can and then display the error.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t know where the setting is, unfortunately.