Problem with Access ODBC Driver under NT4.0 - too

Thread: Problem with Access ODBC Driver under NT4.0 - too

Andrew Tokmakoff Guest

Default Problem with Access ODBC Driver under NT4.0 - too

Hi all,<BR><BR>I have an ASP page that genenerates some "nested" queries.<BR>i.e. the first query may result in X records, each of which <BR>is then used for a query which itself may return Y records,<BR>which in turn are used for a query that may return Z records.<BR><BR>For an example where X = Y = Z = 1, there is no problem.<BR><BR>However, with larger numbers of records (I have not yet pinned<BR>down the "magic numbers", I get the following error in the<BR>returned html page:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e4d&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks. <BR><BR>/login.asp, line 56<BR><BR>Can anyone please tell me how I can get around this problem??<BR>Am I running out of resources on the server? (I think I am<BR>closing sets as necessary)..<BR><BR>Perhaps I need to modify the ODBC driver parameters??<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR><BR>

Trung Dang Guest

Default RE: Problem with Access ODBC Driver under NT4.0 -

Andrew,<BR><BR>I had the same problem when I was developing a multi-level org chart application (which, of course, requires recursive joins.) For some reason, Access did not perform well under multi requests. I have since moved my database to SQL Server and the response is so much faster and no time out waiting for data!<BR><BR>If you have access to a SQL Server (or any other c/s database server) try it out.