Need help with INSERT in my database from dropdown

Thread: Need help with INSERT in my database from dropdown

Default Need help with INSERT in my database from dropdown

Hi<BR>I&#039ve created a dropdownbox that is multiple:<BR>_____________________________________ ____________________________<BR>&#060;SELECT id=slcBox name=slcBox MULTIPLE size=10&#062;<BR>&#060;%Do until rst.EOF%&#062;<BR>&#060;OPTION&#062;&#060;%=rst("S otware") & " & " & rst("Version")%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>rst.MoveNe xt<BR>Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/SELECT&#062;<BR>__________________________________ _______________________________<BR><BR>OK that gives me like 20 items in my dropdown, the use can choose more then one by holding the CRTL key<BR>So my question is How can I INSERT in my DATABASE the values that the user has choosen in my dropdownbox! <BR><BR>Second question: Is it possible to do it in one single Query?<BR>Thanks<BR>

Default RE: Need help with INSERT in my database from drop

You could use Request.Form("slcbox").Count to get the number of values the user has selected. Ie, if he has selected two values the above statement returns 2.<BR>you could access each of them by using request.form("slcbox")(i),<BR>where i is the index, ie, the first item or the second one and so on...U could use the same in the insert statement too...<BR>- Hope it helps..