HTML input field and ASP

Thread: HTML input field and ASP

Default HTML input field and ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>If a user attaches a file to an HTML input field ( syntax :&#060;INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="myFile"&#062; ,<BR>does anyone know how ASP will insert the attached file into an Access database ?<BR><BR>I have defined the target field in the Access database as an OLE fieldtype which allows one to attach files manually but <BR>using the code :<BR><BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>MdbFile Path = Server.MapPath("../database/applications.mdb")<BR>Conn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & MdbFilePath & ";"<BR>Set RS = Conn.Execute(SQLStmt)<BR><BR>where SQLStmt is an INSERT INTO statement , does not allow me to insert the attached file.<BR><BR>I would be grateful for any solution/advice offered.<BR><BR>thank you

Default The COM object you use...

.. to accept the upload - check it&#039;s documentation for a method to put it into the DB for you.<BR><BR>There is usually one.<BR><BR>-Doug

Default Don't do it.

Just upload the file to your server and then stor a link to it in your database.<BR><BR>Access will bloat if you start storing files in it, and the performance will be dire.