I have a problem with a COM object that is created as an ActiveX DLL in VB6. Once the object is compiled it can no longer create linked tables to external data sources using ADOX. The following attached simple code demonstrates the problem.<BR>The simple reason is that in Debug mode the object runs as VB6 under the logged on user. When run from ASP it is run under DLLHOST using the IUSR object. I cannot configure the correct security for IUSR to run this code. This is using Win2k and IIS5.<BR>Tries:<BR>1. IUSR and IWAM as administrators<BR>2. DCOM default to Everyone allow access<BR>3. DCOM default to Everyone to allow launch<BR>4. TEMP dir is available for JET* temp files when the object runs<BR><BR>I still cannot find the secret switch to make it run the code as a compiled DLL.<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)<BR>ODBC--connection to &#039;{SQL Server}Sponge-Bob&#039; failed.<BR>/adoxtest.asp, line 3<BR><BR>&#039;------------------------------ADOXTester.dll--------------<BR>Option Explicit<BR><BR>Public Sub CreateDB()<BR>Dim oCatalog As New ADOX.Catalog<BR>Dim oTable As New ADOX.Table<BR><BR>oCatalog.Create "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data<BR>Source=c : empadoxtest.mdb"<BR><BR><BR>Set oTable.ParentCatalog = oCatalog<BR>oTable.Name = "Test"<BR>oTable.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Link Provider String") = "ODBC;Driver={SQL Server};" & _<BR> "Server=Sponge-Bob;" & _<BR> "Database=Dev;" & _<BR> "Uid=sa;" & _<BR> "Pwd=;"<BR><BR>oTable.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Remote Table Name") = "Test"<BR>oTable.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Cache Link Name/Password") = True<BR>oTable.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Create Link") = True<BR><BR>oCatalog.Tables.Append oTable<BR><BR>Set oTable = Nothing<BR>Set oCatalog = Nothing<BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR>&#039;-------------------------------------ADOXTest.asp---------------&#060;%<BR>set cTest = server.createobject("ADOXTester.clsTest")<BR>cTest .createDB<BR>response.write "Finit"<BR>%&#062;<BR>