YOUR RESPONSE:<BR><BR> <BR>SQL Server Stored Procedue and ADO paging properties<BR> <BR>Martin Gabriele - 25 Mar - 02:15:45 PM<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>YOUR RESPONSE:<BR><BR><BR>ADO Paging and use of Stored Procedures<BR><BR>Martin Gabriele - 25 Mar - 02:12:05 PM<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I am calling a stored procedure on a SQL Server 2000 database to return a resultset and then using ADO paging tset so that users only see 12 rows at a time.<BR><BR>CREATE procedure STaskAll <BR>(@OrderBy char(1) = &#039;C&#039;) <BR>as <BR>if @orderby is null or @orderby = &#039;C&#039; <BR>select taskcde, description, duration <BR>from <BR>Task order by taskcde <BR>else <BR>select taskcde, description, duration <BR>from <BR>Task order by description<BR><BR>My ASP code contains: <BR><BR>Set objCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>objCmd.Com mandText = "STaskAll"<BR>objCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR>objCmd.Activeconnection = objConn<BR>set objTasksRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objTasks RS.Open objCmd,,adOpenKeySet,adLockReadOnly,adCmdStoredPro c<BR><BR>The pageCount of the Recordset returns a -1. When I attempt to set the AbolutePage property of the Recordset to go to a specific page - the following error is displayed: <BR><BR>"Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation of the provider or of the selected cursortype"<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried all other cursor types with the same problem (adOpenKeySet, adOpenDynamic). When I use a straight SQL command (select * from .. order by ...)the paging properties work fine. <BR><BR>Any insight would be appreciated! <BR> <BR> <BR><BR>