I am using ado.net to try and insert into an oracle table with a long column. If the string I am trying to insert is less than ~3000 chars, it works fine, but if the string is longer, I get the following Oracle error (ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column). I know, this would imply that it is an oracle error, but I believe its caused by the way ado.net is trying to insert the values. It happens on an update as well. Here is the code I am using. Any insight?<BR><BR>sSQL = "insert into content_revisions (revision_id, content_id, author, rev_date, status_id, short_body, long_body) values";<BR><BR>sSQL += "(revision_id_seq.nextval,?,?,sysdate,?,?,?)";<BR> <BR><BR>cmd = new OleDbCommand( sSQL, getConnection());<BR>cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("content_id", OleDbType.Integer, 0)).Value = lContentID;<BR>cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("author", OleDbType.Integer, 0)).Value = lAuthorID;<BR>cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("status_id", OleDbType.Integer, 0)).Value = lStatusID;<BR><BR>cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("short_body", OleDbType.VarChar, sShortBody.Length)).Value = sShortBody;<BR>cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("long_body", OleDbType.LongVarChar, sBody.Length)).Value = sBody;<BR> <BR>cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();