COM object & permissions

Thread: COM object & permissions

Default COM object & permissions

I&#039;m working on a project to generate license files for our clients via the web. I&#039;m putting a web-based front end on a custom VFP dll that acts as a COM server. Everything works ok when the data the dll needs to access is local, but in the real world it is on a different machine. This is when it fails unless it uses domain admin rights in IIS as the anonymous user. Obviously, this is not a good thing to leave up but I&#039;m struggling with making it work any other way. <BR>I don&#039;t see a domain account for IUSR_webmachine that I can explicitly give read permission to. Anyone got any suggestions or can you point me to a good resource for troubleshooting this kind of thing? I&#039;m not on site, and I don&#039;t have a domain set up, so this is hard for me to test too. Any similar information applying to a workgroup setup would also be great. Thanks!<BR><BR>Matt<BR>

Default The IUSR_machine account is a...

.. local account.<BR><BR>You are going to need to edit this account and make the password something that you know. Then, you are going to need to edit the web site properties and make IIS use this account. Take off the checkmark that says "Syncronize passwords" (or something).<BR><BR>Then, on the other machine, you are going to need to make a matching *local* account (same name, same password).<BR><BR>Lastly, you are going to need to give the IUSR_ account permissions to the share. Strangely enough, I found that the Everyone group has to have permissions also. Try it without, see if that makes a difference.<BR><BR>-Doug