Can you compile or close ASP code?

Thread: Can you compile or close ASP code?

Default Can you compile or close ASP code?

I am currently in a kind of legal situation where the company i work for are trying to claim my ASP applications as their intellectual property and basically steal my programs even though they are copyrighted to me.<BR><BR>What i want to do is put in a routine that closes the program down completely on a certain date, which i have already written and tested, now I was wondering if there was a way i could hide this code or completely compile my code so that they could simply not read it and therefore not copy it or get rid of the routine.<BR><BR><BR>Please help.<BR><BR>Fawkes

Default RE: Can you compile or close ASP code?

There is a program called ASP2DLL that assists you in compiling your code, making it into COM objects. Other than that, or turning them into DLLs by hand, you&#039;re pretty much out of luck.<BR><BR>And BTW...If you built the apps on their time...I.E. while they were paying you...They more likely than not legally own them, whether you copyrighted them or not....So if you do get into a real legal battle, be prepared to lose unless you have solid, solid evidence to the contrary.

Default RE: Can you compile or close ASP code?

cheers, and yes i do have solid evidence, all applications wer ebuilt on my time at home on my home pc, they are date stamped and also in a sealed envelope has hardcopies, the have rights to some information inside the programs but i dont mind, they can have the information but not my applications unless they wish to pay me for the time that I worked on them. All of them are fully copyrighted before they were on the network at work, and are also on websites i have built for friends with upload dates embeded on the server, so basically the company cant take them but will try.<BR><BR><BR>Cheers Again<BR>Fawkes

Default Well..

Good luck then, and I&#039;d suggest that you try out ASP2DLL. Probably the fastest, easiest way to go.