Thread: OLEDB

Default OLEDB

I was tring to use an OLEDB connection to my access db.<BR>I have given like this<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim dbConn,DbPath<BR>Set dbConn= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>DbPath="D:WEBSjoDATAdb1.mdb" &#039;my physical path<BR>dbConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51; Data Source=" & DbPath & ";"<BR>dbConn.Open<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>but giving<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Unrecognized database format &#039;D:WEBSjoDATAdb1.mdb&#039;. <BR><BR>b.asp, line 10 <BR><BR>_____<BR>I have tried this for connection less dsn . it worked. below is the code<BR>Dim dbConn,DbPath <BR> DbPath="D:WEBSjoDATAdb1.mdb" <BR> Set dbConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> dbConn.ConnectionString="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.Mdb)};DBQ=" & DbPath & ";"<BR> dbConn.Open%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>What is the problem with OLEdb connection<BR>

Default Guessing that maybe you need a newer...

version of drivers on your server. Check this out:<BR><BR>http://www.pocketinformatics.com/satforms/MDAC2.1_AccessODBC.htm