session question

Thread: session question

Default session question

Hi,<BR><BR> Does Session.Abandon call Session_OnEnd of global.asa? If it does, Session_OnEnd is called BEFORE the Session clear out or AFTER the session clear out? Thanks.<BR><BR> Besides, I keep frustrated on the Session_onEnd routine. I save a user&#039;s SessionID in a cookie. Thus, when he log off / Session time out, I tried to delete the information he used in my database by using codes in the Session_onEnd routine. I know I couldn&#039;t get cookie information in global.asa. Therefore I retrieve the user&#039;s SessionID using Session.SessionID directly. However, it seemed that I couldn&#039;t do the correct thing. Did I do something wrong? Thanks for pointing out.<BR><BR>Gilbert<BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR>

Default RE: session question

&#062; Does Session.Abandon call Session_OnEnd of global.asa?<BR><BR>It&#039;s supposed to.<BR><BR>Session_onEnd is *supposed* to be called *at the end of the ASP page* where Session.Abandon is invoked. That is, *AFTER* the entire ASP page is done and the HTML is sent to the browser.<BR><BR>BUT...<BR><BR>But Session_onEnd is notoriously unreliable. Unfortunately. It&#039;s not a good idea to count on it working every time.<BR><BR>Probably what you need is to occasionally clean out all temporary entries in the DB, based on a timestamp (e.g., remove all temporary records that are more than NNN hours old).<BR><BR>