UserID and security

Thread: UserID and security

Nath Guest

Default UserID and security

Hello -<BR><BR>I am capturing and sending UserID and password from a webpage to the IIS server. Is it possible to encrypt and send the UserID and send. <BR>Or in Web development world what do they use for such security. Should we use Client Certificates or implement an algorithm like Vernum encryption to get this done.<BR>Can some one throw some ideas pls.<BR><BR>Thank You<BR>Nath

Default RE: UserID and security

Depending on what you mean by "capturing and sending the UserID and password" you can perform manying different methods of security. <BR><BR>1.Design and develop your own login screen where the userid and password are stored in a table in the database.<BR><BR>2.Use NT Basic Authentication<BR><BR>3.Use NT Challenge & Response<BR><BR>4.Some third party software.<BR><BR>Let me know how you will perform your security and I can tell you how to pass the userid and password. Also where do you want to send this information (to a page or database).

Nath Guest

Default RE: UserID and security

Sorry for not being very clear. <BR>And thank You for your response.<BR>I am using SQL server as back-end on NT Operating system.<BR><BR>I have an ASP Login screen where the User would enter the UserID and password. Once he enters, I would like validate them against the NT security (the userId should be a valid user on that NT machine) or I would like to validate them against the SQL server database security (that user should be an active user on that database in SQL server). Could you kindly let me know if this is the way we have to do. <BR><BR>In the Connection object along with the database name, I would like to pass the UserId and Password as well inorder to get access to the SQL server. I would like confirm if this is how programmers usually do. Please suggest me.<BR><BR>Thank you<BR><BR>Thank You