CDO e-mailin

Thread: CDO e-mailin

Default CDO e-mailin

I don&#039t seem to have the smtp piece for NT option Pack 4. Do you know where I can get it so I can get the e-mail asp script to work? Does this smtp piece come with option pack 4 for NT server only because I am running NT workstation.

Pat Murphy Guest

Default RE: CDO e-mailin

CDO is IIS SMTP. See Below<BR><BR><BR>I got this info from: <BR><BR><BR><BR>Bann Consultants - ASP Samples - Email / CDONTS - Emailing form contents<BR>At some point in your web sites life you may want to display a form to gather information from a user and have that information emailed to you. IIS4 includes its own SMTP service and mail objects (CDO) to enable you to do this. The CDO object allows a simple mailing like this<BR><BR>Dim myCDO<BR>Set myCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>myCDO .Send "", "", "Test Email from IIS4", "This is a test email. Sent from the CDO object."<BR><BR>Set myCDO = nothing<BR><BR><BR><BR>Contact<BR>web:<BR>asp:<BR>[asp samples]<BR>[home]<BR>

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: CDO e-mailin

go to control panel . add/remove program click on add/remove windows components --&#062; wizard will appear click IIS then click <BR>details button that shows sub components which has SMTP service.