pre-compiled ASP?

Thread: pre-compiled ASP?

bizzby Guest

Default pre-compiled ASP?

In the JSP FAQ on Sun&#039s site, I found the following quote about JSP:<BR> “-- How is a JSP technology-based page invoked and compiled? <BR> Pages built using JSP technology are typically implemented using a translation phase that is performed once, the first time the page is called. The page is compiled into a Java Servlet class and remains in server memory, so subsequent calls to the page have very fast response times.”<BR><BR>Does ASP on IIS work the same way? In other words, does the page get compiled/interpreted the first time the page is called end then remain in server memory, improving performance on subsequent calls?<BR><BR>thanks.

Dano Guest

Default RE: pre-compiled ASP?

To the best of my knowledge, no. Every time an ASP script is fired it goes through two processes, the first is compilation, the second is the actual processing.<BR><BR>Dano

bizzby Guest

Default RE: pre-compiled ASP?

Thanks, you are right. I found this article which compares ASP to JSP: if you are also interested.

Default Tools to compile ASP pages

There are third-party components that will create compiled versions of ASP pages for you (DLLs). You can see such a product at:<BR><BR>