I have just switched everything to getRows for data access ... I want to be able to page through results since many records are often returned.<BR><BR>I have read all the articles on paging with getrows. This all makes sense as far as execution goes .... however, I am wondering why it is not just built into the intitial recordset call??<BR><BR>here is my example:<BR>------------------------<BR>&#039; ------------------------------------//<BR>&#039; Create Recordset<BR>&#039; ------------------------------------//<BR>DIM objRec&#039; Database Recordset<BR>Set objRec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> <BR>&#039; ------------------------------------//<BR>&#039; Database Connection<BR>&#039; ------------------------------------//<BR>&#039; Open the RecordSet<BR>objRec.Source = pSQL <BR>objRec.ActiveConnection = DB_CONNECTIONSTRING<BR>objRec.CursorType = adOpenStatic<BR>objRec.LockType = adLockPessimistic<BR>???? objRec.PageSize = rTotal &#039;if paging is enabled through ADO ??? check for performance<BR>objRec.Open<BR><BR>&#039; Grab all the records<BR>pArray=objRec.getrows()<BR><BR>&#039;cl ean everything up<BR>objRec.Close<BR>Set objRec = Nothing<BR><BR>----------------------<BR><BR>Since there is going to be a call to the database each time why not only grab the info you need .... so if I have 2,000 results but I only want to show 50 .... why would I drop those extra 1,950 results into the array??<BR><BR>Am I missing something? Does my proposed way of doing it seem reasonable??