adOpenKeySet problem

Thread: adOpenKeySet problem

Default adOpenKeySet problem

Hi,<BR><BR>I am having problem with the search facilities in my project. In my database I have news articles with headline, summary, pictures, content....and I have a admin page to seach the article by date, keyword or article number (which is the primary key auto generated by SQL database when adding the news).<BR><BR>Everything works except when I try to locate the article by article number. I am using the following syntax to create the record set :<BR><BR> Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> objRS.Open strsql, objConn, adOpenKeySet<BR><BR>The error msg is :<BR><BR>ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. <BR><BR>/news/admin2/edit.asp, line 130 <BR><BR>line 130 being : <BR> objRS.Open strsql, objConn, adOpenKeySet<BR><BR><BR>I am new to ASP and this is only my second project, sorry if I am asking a silly question.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>James<BR><BR>

Default RE: adOpenKeySet problem

find out what the value of adOpenKeySet variable is (or include that file if you can find it)... basically, it&#039;s look for some kind of value on your open statement.... i always use sql, strconn, 1, 2, 1<BR><BR>