Database Path

Thread: Database Path

Default Database Path

I am trying to find the right path to an access database on my server. I think the database resides on an outside server and the application files reside on the main server.<BR><BR>The server administrator states that I should use the following path:<BR><BR>connstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=&#039;" & left(server.Mappath("."),2) & "..datawritefolderdatabase.mdb"<BR><BR>But when I use that I get the following error:<BR><BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Service Components error &#039;80040e73&#039; <BR><BR>Format of the initialization string does not conform to the OLE DB specification." <BR><BR><BR>It seems to me that the path is missing either a Drive Letter, or should use some form of "DBQ=" before the server.mappath. I have tried both but then get an error that the database can not be found.<BR><BR>Please help!<BR><BR>Addie

Default Try writing out your connstring.

That will tell you what you are actually passing to the .Open method.<BR><BR>But, I imagine it looks something like:<BR>C:..datawritefolderdatabase.mdb<BR><BR>Th at isn&#039;t correct at all.<BR><BR>-Doug