Help Please! DSNless connection ..getting error 50

Thread: Help Please! DSNless connection ..getting error 50

Default Help Please! DSNless connection ..getting error 50

I have a webserver with IIS 5/Win 2000/MDAC 2.5SP2 . <BR>I am using a DSNless connection that pulls from an SQL server. When I make the pull using this connection, I get an error 500: Server Internal Error. I verified that the MDAC was registered and I was using a correct pull but I still get the error 500 when I pull from the log it claims the SQL server is not found even though when I make an ODBC link, I connect successfully...I can conect fine with the ODBC but I don&#039;t want to do this as it slows down the connection to the database. Any suggestions? Below is the string: <BR><BR>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User<BR>ID=whatever_user;Password=whate ver_pass;Initial Catalog=whateverdb;Data<BR>Source=

Default RE: Help Please! DSNless connection ..getting erro

"Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=servername;database=dbna me;" and so on. where&#039;s the server component of your string??<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>

Default Also, change you IE settings..

It sounds like you have "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" check in IE.<BR><BR>Goto Tools --&#062; Internet Options --&#062; Advanced Tab. Take the check off the option.<BR><BR>That should then give you a more detailed explaination.<BR><BR>-Doug