I have 3 servers all running SQL 2K. I need to move data <BR>between all <BR>three servers. I one stored procedure that calls several <BR>other stored <BR>procedures that do INSERT ... SELECT statements between <BR>the servers. Server1 and Server3(remote server) are setup as linked <BR>servers on Server2. <BR><BR>I have verified that MSDTC is running on all 3 servers and <BR>even restarted the service to make sure it was running. I <BR>am now to my wits end. <BR><BR>Could it be a configuration issue with MSDTC on the remote server? <BR><BR>I should mention that everything works just fine with Server3 being a test server we have here on the network. It only breaks when we do change server 3 as linking to the remote server. <BR><BR>Server 2 Stored Procedure: <BR>DECLARE @error_code int <BR><BR>SET XACT_ABORT ON <BR><BR>BEGIN DISTRIBUTED TRANSACTION <BR><BR>exec Server1.database.dbo.proc_UpdateData <BR>SELECT @error_code = @@ERROR <BR><BR>exec proc_UpdateOtherData <BR>SELECT @error_code = @@ERROR <BR><BR>exec proc_MoveDataServer1toServer3 <BR>--Server3 is remote <BR>SELECT @error_code = @@ERROR <BR><BR>exec proc_MoveOtherDatafromServer1toServer3 <BR>SELECT @error_code = @@ERROR <BR><BR>exec proc_ISM_exec proc_MoveDatafromServer1toServer2 <BR>SELECT @error_code = @@ERROR <BR><BR>exec proc_ISM_DeleteDataonServer1 <BR>SELECT @error_code = @@ERROR <BR><BR>-- Test the error values. <BR>IF @error_code = 0 <BR>BEGIN <BR> -- Success. Commit the transaction. <BR> COMMIT TRANSACTION <BR>END <BR>ELSE <BR>BEGIN <BR> -- An error occurred <BR> --Roll back the transaction. <BR>ROLLBACK TRANSACTION <BR>END <BR><BR>Ther error occurs when it hits step exec <BR>proc_MoveDataServer1toServer3: <BR><BR>The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB <BR>provider <BR>&#039;SQLOLEDB&#039; was unable to begin a distributed transaction. <BR>[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot <BR>enlist in <BR>the specified transaction coordinator. ] <BR><BR>HELP!!! <BR><BR>Melissa <BR>