HTTP 500 error on

Thread: HTTP 500 error on

Default HTTP 500 error on

I am trying to connect to a database using the following code, but am getting a HTTP 500 error each time it hits the code. I&#039;m guessing that the line before it, server.createobject("ADODB.Connection"), is failing but I&#039;m not sure why. Does anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>Also, are there any debugging tools out there that provide a more meaningful error message than HTTP 500 for every error?<BR><BR>TIA!<BR><BR>Michelle<BR><BR><BR>&#06 0;%@ Language = VBscript %&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file="./"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Buffer = True<BR><BR>&#039;Declare variables.<BR>Dim HomeownerID<BR>Dim SQLNAMEADDRESS<BR>Dim conn<BR>Dim Homeowner<BR>Dim Name<BR>Dim Address1<BR>Dim Address2<BR> <BR>&#039;Grab variables from the querystring.<BR>HomeownerID = Session("HomeownerID")<BR>SQLNAMEADDRESS = "SELECT LastName, FirstName, Address, City, State, Zip FROM Home "<BR>SQLNAMEADDRESS = SQLNAMEADDRESS & "WHERE Home.HomeownerID=" & HomeownerID<BR>set conn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.op en "Homes"<BR>set Homeowner = conn.execute(SQLNAMEADDRESS)<BR>If Homeowner is nothing then<BR> response.write "Invalid username/password"<BR>Else<BR> Name = Homeowner(1) & " " & Homeowner(0)<BR> Address = Homeowner(2) & " " & Homeowner(3) & ", " & Homeowner(4) & " " & Homeowner(5)<BR>Endif<BR>conn.close<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: HTTP 500 error on

Can&#039;t help you with the error...Yet, until you get a better error message.<BR><BR>And yes, there is a tool that can help. It&#039;s called Internet Explorer. ;-)<BR><BR>If you go to the Tools menu, then Internet Options, on the Advanced tab, uncheck "Show friendly erro messages".<BR><BR>That should give you more accurate error messages.