running a component

Thread: running a component

patagonia Guest

Default running a component

Is it posible to run a component (kk.dll) in ASP without it is not registered in the server before ? (My hosting support tell me I can run it with the GET command but I don´t know how can I do it)<BR><BR>thanks

Default RE: running a component

No, you must use regsvr32.exe, which will update the registry. You cannot run a component from the server any other way. Good luck! I know few ASP hosts who will register dlls on the server.... :(

Dave May Guest

Default RE: running a component

Correction: Although it doesn&#039t apply in his case, another method (and oftentimes much more efficient) is to install the DLL through MTS. MTS can pool expensive resources in a way that simple registration cannot achieve. Obviously this requires a service provider that actually supports MTS....

Harvey Lake Guest

Default Counter Errors

I am attempting to add a counter to a page and having nothing but trouble. Below is the code I am using. I am trying to do this on PWS 4.0. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.<BR><BR>&#060;%Set HitCount = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.PageCounter")&#037;&#062 ;<BR>&#060;%=HitCount.hits&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>Thi s is the error message that I receive.<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/class8/Default.asp, line 10 <BR><BR>800401f3 <BR><BR>