DataConn.Properties("Prompt") = adPromptAlways

Thread: DataConn.Properties("Prompt") = adPromptAlways

Default DataConn.Properties("Prompt") = adPromptAlways

I&#039;m new to ASP and am having a bit of a problem.<BR><BR>Here&#039;s my file...<BR><BR>&#060;% @LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Option Explicit %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim DataConn<BR><BR>Set DataConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>Dat aConn.Provider = "sqloledb"<BR>DataConn.Properties("Prompt") = adPromptAlways<BR><BR>DataConn.Open "Data Source=myServer;" & _<BR> "Initial Catalog=myDB;" & _<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> DataConn.Close<BR> Set DataConn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>---------------EOF<BR><BR>This gives me the following error message:<BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01F4)<BR>Variable is undefined: &#039;adPromptAlways&#039;<BR>/test.asp, line 9<BR><BR>Is this something I&#039;m doing wrong, or have omitted in the setup of IIS 5.0?<BR><BR><BR>TIA<BR>Rei.<BR>

Default #include

See the ASPFAQs. Search for and read the FAQs that you find.<BR><BR>But *SURELY* you do not want that value!<BR><BR>If you put that in, then the owner of the machine where the Web server is running will be prompted for a connection string to the DB *every time* a connection is attempted with that code!<BR><BR><BR>