Session Timeout

Thread: Session Timeout

Default Session Timeout

Hi,Iam trying to change the session time out in my web server<BR>from 20 to 30 minutes.In the Global on the Session_onStart,<BR>I have the following code:<BR>"Session.TimeOut=30"<BR>It seems though that it has no effect as testing it (after starting a new session) with<BR>response.write(Session.Timeout)in one of the web pages still shows 20 min.<BR>If i set session time out within a web page then it works fine.<BR>Do I have to reboot the web server in order for the setting to take effect, it looks like if the server is not reading the Global.asa,any ideas?<BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

Default You may not be able to set it there...

I&#039;m not sure. But by sounds of it, it sounds like the server won&#039;t accept you changing the value of it. You can check the global.asa file is firing by creating a new session variable in it, and then checking in the normal .asp file.<BR><BR>I would guess it is.<BR><BR>However, if you&#039;re doing it on a global scale (all clients must have the new timeout), then you can change the settings in IIS for that website (IIS application).<BR><BR>Craig.