Thread: redirecting

Default redirecting

Hi<BR><BR>I have a page which contains a search facility where user can search for an event between 2 dates (dropdowns). On pressing search the user is brought to a search results page which consists of 2 frames i.e. left hand menu of all the events within the date range and (2) a main frame containing info related to each event. However, my problem lies in that, on the redirect to the search results page, a query is run within the left menu to find all the events. If events are found, the name of the event is place in the left hand menu, and when the user clicks on an event, the right main menu displays the info. However, if there are no events fond within the date, I want to redirect back to the previous single frame page containing the search facility...<BR><BR>When I use<BR>response.redirect "searchevent.asp", the page redirects but places the searhcevent.asp within the left hand menu, is there any way that I can det the target of page I wish to redirect to so that it does not appear in the left hand menu upon redirect?

Default ASPFAQs, category The Nature of Things

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading now.<BR><BR>Short answer: No.<BR><BR>Only very slightly longer answer:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT Language="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>if ( != self )<BR>{<BR>"searchevent.asp";<BR>}<B R>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR>