random news messages?

Thread: random news messages?

Default random news messages?

I have a string music site which has various parts (music teachers directory, instruments for sale etc.) At the moment, say for example a music teacher registers, I have on the form process page a snippet of code which automatically adds a news item to my news database, e.g:<BR><BR>Violinandviola welcomes a new string teacher who has signed up today -- Richard Waldock.<BR><BR>However a few more of those in a row on a news page and things look pretty dull, as you can see here:<BR><BR>http://www.jimpixsearch.co.uk/violinandviola/vtools/news.asp<BR><BR>I was thinking it would be better if I had, for example, 3 different news messages which could be used whenever a teacher registers, which could be used in a cycle/randomly? <BR><BR>Can this be done? <BR><BR>I&#039;m using Access in case that&#039;s important. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Jim

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Queries

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading now.<BR><BR>Yes, there really is such an FAQ in that category.<BR><BR>If you need help after reading and trying it, post your code.<BR><BR>