I’m trying to create an Excel spreadsheet and save it on my IIS server just like the article here:<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/022801-1.shtml<BR><BR>With the following code in an ASP page:<BR><BR>set sheet = Server.CreateObject("owc.spreadsheet")<BR>sheet.Ce lls(1, 1).Value = "Hello World"<BR>sheet.ActiveSheet.Export “C:inetpubwwwroot ext.xls”,0<BR><BR>When I try to run this, I get:<BR>Error Type:<BR>Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)<BR>Invalid ProgID. <BR><BR>Platform: IIS 5.0 running on a Win2K Professional machine (not Win 2K Server), Office 2000 sp2.<BR><BR>I have the OWC installed on the machine. The machine that’s acting as the web server also has Interdev installed on it, and when I edit the asp page, Interdev does auto-complete when I type the functions and properties of the Spreadsheet object – so I KNOW it’s registered correctly. <BR><BR>I was also able to write a little VB program with this code:<BR>set sheet = CreateObject("owc.spreadsheet")<BR>sheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = "Hello World"<BR>…and step through it with the debugger on the same machine, and it had no problem creating the object. It only seems to be IIS that won&#039;t create it.<BR><BR>I’ve seen similar questions on this board and others, but no good answers. Most answers seem to assume the person asking the question is trying to embed a spreadsheet object in the page to be viewed in a browser – that is NOT what I’m trying to do.<BR><BR>Anyone else run across this and have any tips on what might be causing the problem? I even tried adding my IIS user ID to the administrator group.<BR><BR>Have other people just installed Office 2000 on their IIS server and had this sort of code work right the first time?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>