Viewing records after deleting records.

Thread: Viewing records after deleting records.

Default Viewing records after deleting records.

I have a web page that shows a table view of records from my Access database. You enter the customer Acct # and the records appear. I have made it so that clicking on one of the records will delete it (after a confirmation box) from the database. I do this by submitting the value of the record to the page, and running a delete command on a recordset that contains only that record. I then close the recordset and open a new one that is used to list the records. On my test system this works fine, when you delete a record the table is immediatly updated. However, on my production server it doesn&#039;t. You have to refresh the page to get the correct listing. Here is my delete code. Please help if you can.<BR><BR>deletedValue = Request.Form("delValue")<BR>if NOT deletedValue = "" then<BR> set deleteSet = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> deleteString = "select * from tblSchools where cust_ID =&#039;"&custid&"&#039; AND SchoolName =&#039;"&deletedValue&"&#039;"<BR> deleteString, strConnect, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic<BR> deleteSet.Delete<BR> deleteSet.Close<BR> set deleteSet = Nothing<BR> Response.Write deletedValue & " was deleted from the database."<BR>end if<BR>

Default response.buffer = true

add this line to the top of your page.<BR>response.buffer = true<BR><BR>it will force a refresh