SSI Update Problem

Thread: SSI Update Problem

Default SSI Update Problem

Hi,<BR>I&#039;m using a server side include to load in my authentication script. Every time I update the file that is being included, it will not update on the page that it is included in. I think it keeps a cache of the old one, but I can&#039;t get it to bring up the new one. I tried refreshing, and changing my browser settings to update the page everytime it&#039;s loaded. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks - Trevor

Default Server Side cache... nothing you do in the browser is going to touch it.<BR><BR>Hmmm...I thought this was fixed in IIS 5! It was a known bug in earlier versions.<BR><BR>Unfortunately, the only solutions that I know of are:<BR><BR>(1) Change the files that include the SSI file. You don&#039;t really have to modify them, just force them to be marked with a new date/time. You could use ASP to do this: Append a space to the end of each file. Ugly, but easy.<BR><BR>(2) Stop the web server and restart.<BR><BR>(3) Wait a long time, so that the cache gets emptied. (Sorry...bad joke.)<BR><BR>