href passing parameter

Thread: href passing parameter

Default href passing parameter

I am reading a database and displaying info about many records in a table. I want to use href to call the next page what I don&#039;t know how to do is pass a field as a parameter/session id to the called page. my code reads href="called.asp" &#060;%=Trim(CSTR(RsSearch.Fields("REGNO")))%&#062 ; It is the individual regno of the line selected that I want to send to the next page.<BR><BR>All suggestions will be appreciated<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: href passing parameter

try using a ? after called.asp to build a querystring and then you will be able to collect the information on the referenced page with a request.querystring("").

Default RE: An idea

I don&#039;t know if this will work for you or not.<BR><BR>try...<BR><BR>&#060;a href="called.asp?ID=&#060;%= RecordSet("ID") + 1 %&#062;"&#062;Next Record&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR><BR>At the top put.<BR><BR>&#060;% Dim SortBy<BR>If Request.QueryString("ID") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR>SortBy = "SELECT * FROM Table WHERE ID = &#039;"& Request.QueryString("ID") &"&#039;"<BR>Else<BR>SortBy = &#039; your original select statement<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>good luck