HI Need Some Help Quick - Probably VERY Simple

Thread: HI Need Some Help Quick - Probably VERY Simple

Default HI Need Some Help Quick - Probably VERY Simple

Hi!<BR><BR>Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the code that follows. I get a syntax error on the line that executes the SQL. <BR><BR>I need this quickly!<BR><BR>Many thanks if you can help at all!<BR><BR>Edwin<BR><BR><BR>&#039; THIS IS THE CODE <BR><BR>dbname="db/forum.mdb"<BR>set conntemp=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<B R>cnpath="DBQ=" & server.mappath(dbname)<BR>conntemp.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & cnpath<BR><BR>SQLTemp="insert into forum (word,title,comment,date,user) VALUES (&#039;" & request("word") & "&#039;,&#039;" & request("title") & "&#039;,&#039;" & request("comment") & "&#039;,&#039;" & Date & " - " & Time & "&#039;,&#039;" & request.cookies("Nick") & "&#039;)"<BR><BR>conntemp.execute(SQLTemp) &#039; This is wherer the error occurs<BR><BR>---- Many thanks again, if you can help! ----

Default RE: HI Need Some Help Quick - Probably VERY Simple

I would make sure you are recieving all the values.<BR>Put this above the SQL.<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.Write request("word") &"[add line break]"_<BR>& request("title") &"[add line break]"_<BR>& request("comment") &"[add line break]"_<BR>& Date & " - " & Time &"[add line break]"_<BR>& request.cookies("Nick") &"[add line break]"<BR><BR>Response.End &#039;Stop before executing SQL<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Make a value is getting lost.<BR>Just an idea.<BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Errors

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading right now.<BR><BR>Hint: Look for Access and "DateTime" (or Date/Time).<BR><BR>Second hint: You don&#039;t use &#039;...&#039; around literal datetime values in Access SQL.<BR><BR>