Waiting time on ASP Page.

Thread: Waiting time on ASP Page.

Nath Guest

Default Waiting time on ASP Page.

I have a web page (in ASP) where the New UserID & Password will be added to the system. After succuessfully adding, I am redirecting into another page by using "response.redirect "nextpage.asp" where I am displaying a message saying that the userid was added to the system. So far so good.<BR><BR>After waiting for 5 seconds I would like to redirect from this page to another page where I need to collect some more details of the new userID. How can I accomplish this waiting time of 5 secs on the ASP page.<BR><BR>Could someone give me some ideas?<BR>Thank You<BR>Nath<BR><BR><BR>

lucy s. Guest

Default RE: Waiting time on ASP Page.

Ever try this before in asp or html?<BR>&#060;meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5" url ="www.yoursite.com/nextpage.htm"&#062; <BR><BR>Here, 5 is 5 seconds, refresh is a method to refresh page to<BR>the url specified by you, nextpage.html.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Mark Guest

Default RE: Waiting time on ASP Page.

Use the HTML META Refresh Tag:<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;head&#062;<B R>&#060;meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="1; URL=UserProfile.asp?UserID=&#060;%=server.URLEncod e(Request.Querystring("UserID"))%&#062;"&#062;<BR> &#060;/head&#062;<BR><BR>The parameter CONTENT represents the waiting time in seconds.<BR>The parameter URL represents the next page to be displayed.<BR><BR>:)