Retreiving summary information

Thread: Retreiving summary information

Default Retreiving summary information

I found the article about retreiving summary information about files in a directory, unfortunately when I try to use the code in the example I get the following error. Is it something to do with the DLL? do I need to put it in a certain place? sorry it this is a simple problem but I am new to ASP.<BR><BR>Any feed back would be gratefully appreciated.<BR><BR><BR>Testing SumInfo<BR>View Compact Format <BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039; <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/Intranet/scripts/suminfo2.asp, line 14 <BR><BR>Invalid class string <BR>

Default RE: Retreiving summary information

1. You spelled the class string wrong -- double check<BR><BR>2. The component isn&#039;t registered -- check the registry to see if that ProgID is in there

Default If we knew what line 14 was...

Wait, I&#039;ll use my magically powers of observation.<BR><BR>It means you have registered the DLL on the server. E-mail the author of the article, he/she would love to hear from you and will be more than happy to walk you through registering the DLL. If fact, I&#039;m sure if you are within 100 miles of each other, he/she will drive to your place and do the actual install.<BR><BR>-Doug