Response.write problems

Thread: Response.write problems

Russel Guest

Default Response.write problems

Response.Write Error:<BR><BR>Hi all,<BR><BR>I have problems in using response.write <BR>I have created email this article to your friend<BR>through email. It contains 3 asp files.<BR>1. Emailthispage.asp - which contains the contents to be send <BR>2. Email.asp - which contains all the text fields for email address<BR>3. Sendthispage.asp - which contains code for sending the article through email<BR><BR>The problem i face here is, in the first page i have given the hyperlink to<BR>open the page second page email.asp which contains all the fields like senders name,<BR>senders email, receivers email id. etc. <BR><BR>I occur problems if i give the hyperlink in the first page like this:<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;A HREF=/somefolder/email.asp&#062; Email This Page &#060;/A&#062;"<BR><BR>the error it shows is: <BR><BR>script timeout or something like that.<BR><BR>if i give the same hyperlink like this out of asp delimeters:<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF=/somefolder/email.asp&#062; Email This Page &#060;/A&#062;<BR><BR>there is no error and the email is being sent.<BR><BR>The other problem i have is, i easily removed the<BR>http:// but when my path uses querystring i receive a problem<BR>saying invalid values in mappath.<BR><BR>can anyone send me code for the above and some assistance please<BR><BR>regards<BR>russel

Mark Guest

Default RE: Response.write problems

Try:<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;A HREF=&#039somefolder/email.asp&#039&#062; Email This Page &#060;/A&#062;"<BR><BR>1. Eliminate first slash (/).<BR>2. Place single quotes (&#039 &#039) around HREF value.<BR>3. make sure that subdirectory somefolder exists as a child directory to the directory of your asp page.<BR>4. make sure that email.asp file exists in somefolder directory.<BR>