SMTP-Two Emails ?

Thread: SMTP-Two Emails ?

Default SMTP-Two Emails ?

Hi guys, I use the simple:<BR>Set oMail=Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR>// fill in details<BR>to send an email but how can I send two separate emails from the same page ?<BR>I even tried creating a new mail object to no avail. I don&#039;t understand why it doesn&#039;t work. I&#039;m using ASP on a Win2K server. Please help, thanks.

Default RE: SMTP-Two Emails ?

Perhaps check out the following:<BR><BR>ASP News Letter by Faisal Khan<BR><BR>Loops thru recordset and sends an e-mail to each:<BR>While Not rs.EOF<BR> Set mail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> mail.From = ""<BR> mail.To = rs("email")<BR> mail.Subject = subject<BR> mail.Body = message & rs("email")<BR> mail.Send<BR> Set mail = Nothing<BR> no = no + 1<BR> rs.MoveNext<BR>Wend<BR>&#039; When messages have been sent to all the users, exit<BR>Response.Write "E-mails sent to " & no & " users."<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR>Web Database Developer<BR>To help you put live data on the Web...<BR><BR>

Default also..

.. if you&#039;re simply trying to send the same email to multiple people you don&#039;t have to create a whole bunch of unique CDONTS objects. just simply concatenate all emails together seperated by commas.<BR>note that if you&#039;re sending emails to multiple people, if you put all the email addresses in the BCC field, the users will only be able to view their own email, all the rest will not be shown...this makes people happy ;)<BR>you will probably have to put a dummy address in the TO field, just to make sure it sends off.<BR><BR>justin