Trouble creating access table

Thread: Trouble creating access table

Default Trouble creating access table

I have an app which creates a temp table and runs sql against it. This works great on my test server. I migrated it to some space on an external web server we have a shared hosting plan with. When the code tries to create the table, I get the error below- has anyone experience a similar problem? Is it folder permissions? I have a call in to tech support, but in the meantime... Any thoughts? Thanks for your input.<BR><BR>&#060;error&#062;<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e09&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR>/ingraham/taxtest.asp, line 15 <BR>&#060;/error&#062;<BR>&#060;code&#062;<BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")& #039;Instantiate FileSystemObject<BR>rndFnameExt=objFSO.GetTempName &#039;create temporary file name with FSO<BR>rndFname=replace(rndFnameExt,".tmp","")&#03 9;replace default .tmp ext. with .xls extention<BR>Set objFSO = Nothing<BR>call AConnect<BR>conACCESS.Open<BR><BR> strSQL="Select * into " & rndFname & " from taxonomy where len(code)=1 and type=1"<BR> Set rsTax = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>{Line 15} rsTax.Open strSQL, conACCESS<BR>&#060;/code&#062;

Default RE: Trouble creating access table

Yep...It&#039;s folder permissons. <BR><BR>Do they have a specific folder that they want you to put DBs in? I&#039;d check. Some of the host that I use are like that. Try to put a DB in an other folder, and you get that error.