HELP needed quickly. Probably VERY simple!

Thread: HELP needed quickly. Probably VERY simple!

Default HELP needed quickly. Probably VERY simple!

On my web site i&#039;m trying to display a list of things that have been typed in by a certain user. This is at The code: <BR><BR><BR> dbname="dbdatabase.mdb"<BR> set conntemp=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<B R> cnpath="DBQ=" & server.mappath(dbname)<BR> conntemp.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & cnpath<BR><BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR><BR>SQLTemp="select * from items where author=&#039;" & request("author") & "&#039;"<BR>wordsin=conntemp.execute(SQLTemp)<BR>< BR>wordsin.movefirst<BR>Do While Not wordsin.eof<BR><BR>MY PROBLEM:<BR><BR>It says that <BR><BR>Object doesn&#039;t support this property or method: &#039;movefirst&#039; <BR><BR>Why? Please help me, or tell me if your think that the code whould work so that I know it isn&#039;t my fault! <BR><BR>Many Many Many Thanks!<BR><BR>Edwin<BR>

Default Cause it's not a recordset yet

You need<BR><BR>Set wordsin = conntemp.execute(SQL)<BR><BR>and do use MoveFirst anyways... you&#039;re already at the first record.

Default get rid of movefirst

You can take away the line<BR><BR>wordsin.movefirst<BR><BR>as it is not needed.