Confirmation Email

Thread: Confirmation Email

Default Confirmation Email

Hi,<BR><BR>does anybody know how or know of a good tutorial that does the following.<BR><BR>I have created a register section on my website. But I want to be able to send an email to the user to validate the membership.<BR><BR>On almost all sites that I go to that require membership they send an email to you that confirms the you do indeed what to be a member. Normally you click on a link that takes you back to the site.<BR><BR>The mail tool I currently use is CDONTS.<BR><BR>Any Ideas<BR><BR><BR>Many Thanks<BR><BR>LH

Default What about

Having a yes/no (or bit depending on what db your using) field in your database to say whether the account id active or not. When a user creates their account it is set to No/False by default.<BR><BR>In your confirmation email just include a link in your .Body element. With the use ID passed as a querystring param Eg;<BR><BR>objMail.Body "&#060;a" & intID & "&#062;Click here to activate your account&#060;/a&#062;"<BR><BR>Confirm.asp would then get the user ID and update the relevant record to set the activated field to Yes/True.<BR><BR>Matt